InIn partnership with UN Women, The Advocates for Human Rights created the following sections for UN Women's Virtual Knowledge Centre to End Violence against Women and Girls. This section, along with sections addressing other forms of violence against women and girls, may be found under Legislation at www.endvawnow.org.
The UN Handbook sets forth minimum recommendations with regard to the duties of prosecutors in prosecuting cases of violence against women:
Tools for Prosecutors:
• Presentation by Nazir Ofbal, UK Crown Prosecution Service, Presentation at the Second Annual Conference on Honor Violence and Forced Marriage (2012).
• Interactive Website on Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage (UK Crown Prosecution Service).
• Honor Violence and Forced Marriage Training Curriculum (Powerpoint) (Webinar video) (The Aha Foundation, 2011).
• CPS Pilot Study on Forced Marriage and So-Called ‘Honor’ Crime—Findings (2008). Available in English.
• CPS Recommendations on Future Work on Forced Marriage and So-Called “Honour” Crime (2008). Available in English.
For more information see also Justice Sector.
The Advocates for Human Rights Site Map About the Site
330 Second Avenue South, Suite 800, Minneapolis, MN 55401 USA Phone: (612) 341-3302 Fax: (612) 341-2971 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although Stop Violence Against Women endeavors to provide useful and accurate information, Stop Violence Against Women does not warrant the accuracy of the materials provided. Accordingly, this Web Site and its information are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. We reserve the right to make improvements and/or changes in the format and/or content of the information contained on the Web Site without notice.This information is provided with the understanding that Stop Violence Against Women and its partners are not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Copyright © 2010 The Advocates for Human Rights. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to use this material for non-commercial purposes with proper attribution to The Advocates for Human Rights.